Wednesday, June 2, 2010

:: Qurban & Aqiqah ::

Assalam Alaikum,

In the process of ensuring people that I am sane (not in depression nor with any terrorist groups! hehehe~), I am soOooo much thankful that I am being guided!!!

Alhamdulliah! These few days have been spent fruitfully helping Mariah Mah~ She is soOoo kind to repeated invite me for the trip but all I could was just to decline her politely... 

To me, the best thing to do now is to spend as much time as possible to be at home... To ensure my parents that I'm not getting into some weird, funny cult... hee~ Well, parents' worries!

Anyway, I was at her place helping her to prepare certificates and photos of Qurban & Aqiqah, that carried out in China, to be sent out to muslims from Singapore have sacrificed sheep and cows for the poor Muslims in China~

Just for general knowledge...

Aqiqah
Aqiqah is an Arabic word which refers to those hairs found on a newborn�s head. Then later on its usage was being referred to goats which were being sacrificed for the newborn and shaving of the head. [1] Soon the word was not just limited to the goats only but gradually started to be used for sheep as well and later on to all those animals which were being sacrificed in the name of the newborn child. [2]


Qurban
This act is to commemorate the unparalleled sacrifice offered by the Prophet Ibrahim peace and blessings be upon him. When he, in pursuance to a command of Allah Ta’ala conveyed to him in a dream, prepared himself to slaughter his beloved son Ismail peace and blessings be upon him and actually did so, but Allah Almighty after testing him of his submission, sent down a ram and saved his son from the logical fate of slaughter. It is from that time onwards that the sacrifice of an animal became an obligatory duty to be performed by every well to do Muslim. 

hee~ So, now you know...

Anyway, I asked her why people would pay to sacrifice the animals in China... Mariah told me that because there are a lot of needy people in China, hence, Singaporeans would want to do their Qurban and Aqiqah there to share the meat with those needy ones...

There are people who sacrifice for our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW)... I was told that they love him soOooo soOooo much that they want to do the sacrifice in name of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)~

hmMmmm... Interesting! =D

Never cease to be amazed by what Allah(SWT) has planned for me! Every people I meet, every situation I faced are learning opportunities!


Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) whoever is in error, the Most Gracious (Allah) will extend (the rope) to him, until, when they see that which they were promised, either the torment or the Hour, they will come to know who is worst in position, and who is weaker in forces.

And Allah increases in guidance those who walk aright. And the righteous good deeds that last, are better with your Lord, for reward and better for resort.
( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #75-76)


W'salam,
Khadijah C.

1 comment:

Hajar said...

A couple of years ago I stumbled on that website, and read about the charity activities. In fact I even considered following one of their tours, however my plans didn't follow-through. Nevertheless, I admire their work and as fellow Muslims we ought to do our part in aiding the ummah whenever we can. :)